Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lately I've been on a card making binge.  I guess they are quick to make and give pretty instant gratification.  Also, I'm in a Stamp Club with designated themes for each meeting.  So, I've been working ahead to have my cards ready early.
Above, a sympathy card using the second set of scripture stamps from Our Daily Bread.  First, I stamped the sentiment and flourish (a really old stamp) in purple StazOn.  Then a used a Hero Arts doily stamp, Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to make the embossed doily.  Then I used a Tim Holtz applicator tool and purple distress ink to add the light purple background.  To further define the doily, I used a baby wipe to gently rub the purple ink from the embossed parts and blend the background.  Lastly I mounted the white panel on a purple card base.

 These are "Send It Forward" cards from Kathy Orta.  Below, you see the inner cards pulled out.  The recipient can use a new card (included behind the original) to write out a new sentiment and send the card to another person.  Visit Paper Phenomenon to get the tutorial for these cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment