Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Prima Doll Art Journal - page 1

I started this journal last week by creating Gelli printed backgrounds for each page, then stamping, embossing and cutting out one of each of my doll stamps.  Now, slowly, but surely, I'm creating an art journal with each doll and quotes from my stamp collection.  Here's the first one - and I just figured out how to add a watermark to my images - looks pretty professional, doesn't it?

The only unprofessional thins is the curved pages - guess I could iron them flat - maybe I'll try that.

How did I do it?

1.  I brayered blue acrylic paint on the gelli plate and pulled the paint off with a "LIVE" stamp I made from foam letters , then pulled a print.  Then I masked off the word with a torn piece of paper (on the print) and brayered on the Gelli plate a lighter shade of blue.  Using a texture plate, I pulled off some of the paint from the plate and pulled a print.
2.  Using a green Montana acrylic paint marker, I painted in the hill, avoiding the word "LIVE"
3.  Using a gray Montana acrylic paint marker, I painted in the path.
4.  Using some white acrylic ink, I stenciled in the clouds.
5.  I stamped "live the life you've imagined" with black ink
6.  For the doll, I used Pitt pens to color in her hair, headband, dress bodice, skirt ruffle and shoes.  I added some sparkle, with a clear Wink of Stella pen, to her shoes and headband.
7.  I stamped with black Versamark on some scrap pattern paper for her skirt and jacket, then embossed with clear embossing powder. After cutting out the clothes, I outlined the edges with a regular black Sharpie, holding the pen on the backside of the paper, using the side of the pen nib.  I also outlined the doll body, using the same method, then glued the clothes on the doll.
8.  I drew a basket, freehand, on brown paper, then added cross-hatching to make the basket look woven.  I snipped the handle and slipped the basket behind the doll's arm.  Then I glued the doll and basket to the background.
9.  I added some tiny Prima flowers to the basket and made a bouquet using the same flowers near the bottom of the page.  I freehand drew in the stems and leaves to the bouquet using a black Pitt pen.

I'm pleased with the way she turned out and hope you like her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment