Thursday, April 16, 2015

More cards...

Thought I'd share some more cards I've made for upcoming Stamp Club sessions:
Another sympathy card, this time using Stampin' Up's Thoughts and Prayers stamp set, archival ink and clear embossing powder to give the sentiment and tree a little gleam.  I punched a 3" circle to use as a mask to make the background, using Ranger's Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass for the sky, Peeled Paint for the grass and Crushed Olive for the horizon.  I tore a piece of scrap paper and used it as the mask for the horizon line.  

Graduations are fast approaching and I combined that theme with the "make your own background" theme required for an upcoming Stamp Club meeting.  First I stamped the script using an old Hero Arts stamp and red StazOn ink.  Then I brayered Ranger's Black Soot Distress ink onto the indented side of the Congratulations embossing folder,  inserted the printed cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot. I then layered this piece onto some black cardstock.  Then I wrapped some red and black ribbon around the layered card stock pieces before attaching it to the red card base.   I used Stampin' Up's Blue Ribbon stamp set with red StazOn and Black Soot Distress inks to make the ribbon embellishment.  

These two sweet baby cards used Stampin' Up's Baby Bumblebee and Little Sunshine stamp sets.  I applied a piece of tape to the words included with the Baby Bumblebee stamp while applying archival ink, then removed the tape before stamping the bee onto white cardstock.  The bee is colored with the yellow Chameleon pen, before layering onto blue or pink card stock.  That piece is then layered onto another piece of white card stock with decorative punched borders.  Tan lace was adhered under the decorative borders before the whole assemble was attached to the tan card base.  The "hello, baby" sentiment was stamped onto white cardstock using matching inks, then punched with the coordinating stamp from Stampin' Up.  The word bubble probably should have been attached with dimensional tape, but I forgot to do that.


I originally made this card for the "make your own background" assignment for Stamp Club, however, I'm going to use it for the "birthday" assignment.  To make the background, I embossed the chevrons using Stampin' Up's Positively Chevron background stamp, using clear embossing powder and Versamark ink on a white card stock panel.  Then I sprayed it with Dylusions sprays - Fresh Lime and Campso Teal.  Using a baby wipe, I wiped the spray from the embossed chevrons and blended the inks together in the background.  I stamped the sentiment using Stampin' Up's Remembering Your Birthday stamp set, using black archival ink on gray card stock.  I attached the gray card stock to the card, leaving the lower edge loose enough to slip in the green, yellow and teal card stock banners which I cut from scraps.  I then tied some bakers twine around the gray card stock and attached the panel to a white cardstock base. I continued the sentiment inside the card.
That's about it for the card creations - I'll report on a quilted table runner that I completed last week in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment