Monday, October 14, 2013

Weddings, weddings, weddings

Seems like we've been to a lot of weddings lately.  A couple of weekends ago, my niece got married.  I finished an 8x8 album last night, using personal photos from the ceremony and reception.  Here's the pages (wish I could figure out how to put the pictures side-by-side:)
Ceremony Program and Participants
Happy couple

C is for the youngest flower girl and only
great grandchild, Charlotte.
Charlotte will not walk, so she
rode in the wagon (I decorated it)

D is for Daley, the groom's family

Q is for the Quinlans

E is for  Eric, the bride's brother


The men

E is for Eisleben, the bride's father and family

The entire bridal party

VG is for von Gontard, the bride's mother and step-father

The bride and groom with my husband and me

E is for Edmonds, the bride's grandparents and my parents


Flowers and cake

Bride and her mother and step-father

Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Ideas

It's been a few weeks since I posted, but that doesn't mean I've been doing nothing.  No, I've been to a high school reunion, Archie had a knee replaced, I went to scrap club last week and I went to Crop for the Cure in Enid this past Saturday.  It seems like I'm always going someplace.

Last week I began my fall decorating, ect.  After making these Tootsie roll covers, I'm now ready for trick-or-treaters and friends that need a special treat, like a thank-you for bringing meals after Archie's surgery.  My mother will use these as favors for a dinner she will host at her home.  (Tootsie roll wrap is a stamp/die set from My Favorite Things.) 


While participating in a scrapbook shop-hop, I saw a really beautiful banner to hang on a mantel.  After making it my own, this is what I came up with.  The photos are all of my family and Archie as a baby.

One of these pics showed a pumpkin sitting on the mantel.  It's a child's plastic pumpkin used to collect the treats on Halloween night.  I removed the handle, turned it over and covered it with torn strips from an old book.  It's another idea I found on Pinterest.
Since Archie couldn't find my fall wreath for the front door, I made a new one.  Than the front porch area looked bare, so I ordered two wrought iron plant stands and added some plants, pumpkins and pine cones.

Here's the vignette I set up in the dining room.  The autumn sign was in the dollar hot spot at Target.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a class at My Heart's
Fancy (wonderful place for the mixed media artist.) 
I'm not really into Halloween, but this was really cute.

At stamp club, we exchange and make cards.  The first card I made following a map.  The second card fulfilled the theme "clean and simple."

This card we made at Jamie's house (club location) and it uses about 3 layers of extra thick embossing powder over the leaf stamp.  The texture is fabulous, but doesn't show up on the picture.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

After spending 2 weeks training my latest replacement as Music/Missions Assistant at FBC Enid, I am home and crafting again.  (The two previous replacements have other jobs.) This weekend I made Christmas angel paper doll tags - 4 different girls.  Maybe I'll send them out as Christmas cards this year.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gelli printing on fabric

Today, I was privileged to play the organ at FBC Edmond.  So much fun!

I'm afraid I won't get too much done this week - I'm going back to work for a day or two in Enid.  Thankfully, I have a lovely room booked at my hairdresser's house (I have an appointment on Tuesday, anyway.)  Wednesday night is choir practice here in Edmond - I need to rehearse with the ladies ensemble because they will sing in church next week. Next weekend, I will be scrapbooking with some friends in Enid.  I think I have enough pages in kits to assemble there.  Then, some friends we knew way back in Midland, Texas (1990-1999) will visit us next Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening, we will gather with two more couples from our Midland days for dinner.  It's good to be busy, but cuts down on my creating.

My new larger Gelli plate is fantastic for printing on fabric.  So far, I've made 9 pieces of printed and stamped fabric and used two to make a couple of small zippered bags.   (All the stamping is done with permanent ink.)

The back bag has leaves stamped in the open circles, one of the leaves is outline quilted and leafy vines fill the spaces between the circles.

The front bag has a fleur-de-lis stamped in each circle with squiggle quilting lines filling the spaces.
Here's the rest of the fabrics and close-up of the stamping.  Each fabric has some metallic paint and sometimes you can see the shimmer.

This pic shows the quilting.

The Gelli plate is still out, but covered up - ready for more printing.  Too bad I have to sleep - wish I could stay up all night and create.