Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Steps Journal Page

"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5
This girl is climbing the steps of life with doubt about her future.  I think we've all been there.

I used two Gelli printed pages - the blue wavy background with copper arrows, and the creamy paper with "bricks" and other stenciled layers.  On the blue background, I stenciled brown and aqua hexagons using Caran d'ache watercolor crayons. The gate and sentiment are stamped and embossed in black.  You can't see it too well, but I used a glitter pen to decorate the doll's headband. Proverbs 3:5 is written between the bricks of the steps.

On another note, I took the picture above on my deck, with the iron railing and trees in the background.  On the table on the deck was a smashed bird egg, directly below the ceiling fan - is there a nest up on the fan?  I couldn't see one, but the egg was pretty fresh. This last fall, a black bird flew over the table on the deck and hit a dining room window, killing itself.  However, the bird's beak was stuck in the window screen.  It scared me when I first saw it - a bird hanging from the window screen about 5' from the floor.  Was it a precursor to Hitchcock's "The Birds?"  You be the judge.



No comments:

Post a Comment