Thursday, April 19, 2018

Stamped Distress Oxide Background Thank You Card
Here's another card using Jennifer McGuire's "Layered Oxide Stamping" method for the beautiful background.  Here's how I did it:  first I covered a white panel with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Ink - I just smoosh the ink pad onto the panel until it's covered.  Then I dried it with a heat gun.  Next I positioned it in my Misti so the Arabesque Medallion stamp (from Altenew) is centered over the panel.  I inked the stamp with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink, lightly misted it with water and made the image.  (By letting the stamp rest on the background a little longer than normal, more of the wet ink will react with the background ink).  Then I inked the stamp with more Squeezed Lemonade and stamped again to make the color a little brighter.  I diecut a circle from light green cardstock.  I inked a scrap of white cardstock with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink, dried it and diecut the "thank you" sentiment (made by Tonic) from it.  The sentiment was glued to the circle and the circle attached to the card with foam tape to give some dimension.   The blue panel was attached to fun foam before I attached it to a light green notecard from Michaels.  Finally, I used Apple Green Nuvo drops for a little embellishment. I love this background technique and wish I had more pretty background stamps to make more cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment