Friday, April 20, 2018


Everyday Tintables Card Pack Cards
Concord and 9th sent me a free set of these card fronts.  The are basically debossed watercolor paper - the paper around the dots and "just a note" sentiment is higher and catches the ink while the sentiment and dots remain white.   Here's two of the four types of card fronts, which I cut down from the original 6"x6" size.  

I inked the dots panel with Distress Oxide inks in pinks and purples, then wiped it with a baby wipe to clean off the dots and blend the inks.  Since I didn't have a matching top folding note card, I inked the left and right edges of a white card with distress oxide ink to match the center panel.  I used the same color ink for the "enjoy it all" sentiment (by Concord and 9th) which I embossed with clear embossing powder on a piece of vellum.  I wrapped the vellum around the panel and mounted it on fun foam before attaching to the card base.  The strip sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped with the same distress oxide ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I mounted the strip to the card front with foam tape to add some dimension.  The flower and flower center are from my stash.

The lower card was covered with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink.  Using the Sketched Stripe Background stamp by Concord and 9th, I stamped the stripes using Jennifer McGuire's Layered Oxide Stamping technique and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink.  I misted some water over the panel and let it oxidize.  After drying, I cut the panel into a banner shape and tied baker's twine around the top.  I added fun foam behind the banner before attaching it to the green note card from Michaels.  The flower was from my stash and I used Ivory Nuvo Drops for the flower center.

I have more examples of cards from the Everyday Tintables Card Pack coming up in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment