Monday, June 22, 2015


While vacationing in St. Louis this past week, I managed to make two sets of cards and do several pages in the bird art journaling album that I will teach in July at Paper Arts.  My mother and I visited the Checkered Cottage in Kirkwood - a real cute scrapbooking store that's been in business for 17 years.  Got some ideas and made some small purchases.

Let's get on to the cards:
I made the background using my version of the Bokay method.  First, I masked off some dots, using punched sticky notes.  Then I used a blending tool and Barn Red Distress Ink to add the ombre background.  Next, I placed a stencil I made from cardstock and various circle punches over the ombre background and inked in some darker circles.  Finally, I removed the stencil and masked circles to add just a hint of color to the lower white circles.  Using Versamark ink, I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with white embossed powder.  The panel is mounted on a white card base.

This masculine card is my version of one I found on Pinterest.  All the stamps are from Stampin' Up.  First, I stamped the world map onto a piece of white cardstock, using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.   After drying, I added some smudges of Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  This is attached to a khaki colored card base. The anchor  was stamped on white cardstock.  The brown ring was die cut.  Using the solid circle from the inside of the ring, I drew around it onto white cardstock for a guideline, then stamped the ship in the middle of that circle using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Using a wet paint brush and Wild Honey Distress Ink, I painted in the sails on the ship and the anchor.  Using the same technique and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, I painted in the ship's hull.  The water was created using a blending tool and Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  Linen string was wrapped and tied around the ring.   I cut out the ship's circle, outside the penciled guideline and adhered it behind the ring, then adhered the assemble to the lower card front.  After carefully cutting out the anchor, I adhered it using foam tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment