Saturday, May 20, 2017

Cards, Cards and more Cards!

I returned from a week's vacation with my parents in St. Louis.  Of course, I have to take a project to work on, so I brought a bunch of stamps, inks and ideas to make cards.
 Above, I used a layered stamp set from Hero Arts called Hydrangeas for the flowers and Nuvo Crystal Drops for the dots in the background.  Both products are available at my store, Paper Arts, in Edmond, OK.  Below, I used an older Stampendous stamp called Build a Bouquet and a technique called ink lifting to create the blue panel.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's Crazy Words stamp set.

 Above, I went crazy with the Concord and 9th Triangle Turnabout stamp set to make the trianble backgrounds.  The Proud of You die is available at Paper Arts.  I used a variety of inks:  Versafine and Memento Dew Drops.

 Above and below, I used one stamp for the focal image, then masked that off to do the wordy backgrounds.  What fun I had making those backgrounds!!

 Above, I used the same Hydrangea stamp used with perfect pearls and Nuvo Crystal drops for the white spots. Below is another wordy background card.

 Above, the another fun background made with a balloon stamp swiped across the stamp pad to get the streaky effect.  The stamps are called Birthday Balloons from a*muse studio, including the sentiments.  Below is a dog from Dare 2B Artzy. Paper Arts carries stamps from both a*muse studio and Dare 2B Artzy.

 Above, the sentiments are from the Tim Holtz's Crazy Words stamp set.  Below, the cute unicorn is from a stamp set from Fawn Lawn, called Pegasus Duo.  I used the coordinating die to make a mask to cover the unicorn to ink in the blue background.  Paper Arts carries lots of Lawn Fawn stamps and dies.

 Above, the Thank You die is available at Paper Arts.  Below, another card using the Pegasus Duo stamp set from Fawn Lawn.
All these cards are available to purchase at Paper Arts, 632 W. Edmond  Road,  Edmond, OK.  The stamps and dies are available as of this publication date, but it's "first come, first serve."  Come see us - we love making new friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment