Monday, May 4, 2015

Connection Group Craft Night

Beginning next Monday, some of the ladies from my Connection Group (Sunday School class) will meet once a month to make a couple of cards.  This is something I've been planning to do for quite awhile, and since things are slowing down at Paper Arts (as far as the number of classes I'm teaching) I thought it would be a good time to start this.  Here's the first two cards:
I used "Sassy Salutations" stamp set from Stampin' Up and  patterned paper from my stash for this card.  Some people may make a purple version since I don't have enough of the flowered paper.  The final version of this card has a red bow at the top.

This card also comes in a pink version - I don't have enough yellow flowers for everyone.  The yellow background is dry embossed.  I don't know where I got the "hello" stamp.

The sentiments are embossed on both cards using a technique that was new to me - apply Versamark to the stamp first, then apply Distress Ink on top of the Versamark to get the right colors, stamp on paper, sprinkle on clear embossing powder then heat.  I'm really pleased with the results.  The hard part will be remembering to clean the stamp before making the next impression - you don't want to contaminate the Versamark.

No comments:

Post a Comment