Friday, July 1, 2011

Art from the Retreat

Last weekend, I spent 5 nights at a craft house in Wichita.  There is enough room for 12 people to scrapbook, eat together in the dining room and 4 bedrooms with a total of 12 twin beds.  The house is in the historic section of town.  In addition to scrapbooking, the garage is set up for "messy" crafts - that describes me and my artwork.  Here are the results:
My House contains the Bible verse from Joshua - as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.  This piece is 8" x 10".  I used tissue paper, paint, stamps, buttons, paper, ribbon, rub-ons and an embroidered flower.

Measuring only 5" x 7", For the Lord is Great could go anywhere.  I love red, and used a lot of it on thispale yellow based piece.

Laugh with Me measures 5" x 7".  It is a companion piece to the one above, with lots of red on a beige base.  Next begins my birdhouse series:
Spread Your Wings shows a cheerful off-white birdhouse and a Bible verse about eagles.  Measures 8" x 10".

 Life is Tweet uses the verse about how much more valuable we are than birds.

FLY refers to God renewing our spirits so we can soar like the eagle.  After the weekend in Wichita, I do feel refreshed and ready to tackle new things - like my new boss.  He really kept me busy!  As soon as I learn his routine, I'm sure things will settle down.  I hope to get my Etsy store up and running today - bynancyoriginals is its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment